Deemed transfer decision
1. On February 19, 2019, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) received an application for the deemed transfer of two spectrum licences in the cellular band held by TNW Wireless Inc. as the result of corporate restructuring. The licences are in tiers 2-013-004 and 2-014-001 (Northern BC and Yukon) and are described in annex A.
2. The application was reviewed under the relevant provisions of Client Procedures Circular CPC-2-1-23, Licensing Procedure for Spectrum Licences for Terrestrial Services.
3. Capitalized terms not defined in this decision have the meaning set out in CPC-2-1-23.
4. The Deemed Transfer of the licences held by TNW Wireless Inc. is approved.
5. The application was assessed against the policy objectives and criteria set out in section 5.6 of CPC-2-1-23.
6. ISED notes that the Deemed Transfer will not result in a change in spectrum concentration in the licence areas covering sections of the Yukon and British Columbia.
7. ISED has determined that the requested Deemed Transfer will not impact the ability of existing or future competitors to provide services given that the transfer will not significantly change the post transfer concentration of commercial mobile spectrum in the affected licence areas covering sections of the Yukon and British Columbia.
|Licence number||Expiry date||Frequency range (MHz)||Geographic area|
|010288961-001||March 31, 2021||829.5 – 854.75
874.5 – 890.75
Inside Passage and Alaska Hwy, BC
|010288971-001||March 31, 2021||829.5 – 854.75
874.5 – 890.75
Alaska Hwy, Yukon